Monday, July 3, 2017

On the Color Black, Jesus, and a Box of Crayons

If you've read many of my musings, you know I'm all about color.


Rich, lush color must be acknowledged and appreciated in order to know what it's like to live and breathe in color, using the entire box of crayons, even if they are broken.


It hasn't been so many years ago that I emerged from a period of time lived in a black hole only to find that my voice could still sing; that I could still feel the sun on my face and the wind in my hair. If it had not been for that very-real emersion into the color black, simply defined as, "the absence of all color," I might not have learned how to absorb and inhale the unlimited colors in the crayon box to which I'd had access all along. You know like Dorothy in the "Wizard of Oz" and the ruby red slippers on her feet. She only had to realize it was within her power to go home if she clicked her heels together three times, saying, "There's no place like home."


My life's journey, although atypical of most, has not been so different from yours.


Our lives have been fraught with challenges, some of which resulted in victory, others have offered, what might have appeared to be, glaring failure and blackness. It has been in those black times I learned to appreciate the next crayon I chose to take out of the box even if it was broken.


You see when I was seven-years-old, I gave my heart to Jesus. It was at that point I recognized myself to be a sinner in need of a Savior. And in my child-like mind, I was able to believe that Jesus was the Savior who came to take away the sin of the world. He came to take away my sin and give me life, which included an unlimited source of crayons with which I could color the same.


Jesus isn't a concept or an idea. He is the son of God, one-third of the trinity, and sits at the right hand of the thrown of God himself, making intercession on my behalf.


I have no need to write more. He has been my portion and continues to fill my soul.


I just wanted to make sure that should have never heard the gospel, you just did. It is your choice to accept it for for yourself.


Oh, and remember: Although colors may seem to fade, they continue to remain rich in contrast to black.


"So, my brothers, whom I love and long for, stand firm in the Lord."


"Now to Him who is able to do exceeding, abundantly above and beyond all that I can ask or think be glory and honor forever and ever. Amen."


Copyright by Sarah Beaugez
2017
All rights reserved

2 comments:

Lisa Howell said...

Love this piece, Sarah!

Sarah Beaugez said...

Thanks so much for taking the time to both read and leave such a kind comment, Lisa:)